Starling

6 Dec

Some of you who follow me on Tumblr may have noticed an increase in random photos of birds, white bedrooms, and gingers.  This is not due to a new pet, a house remodel, or a sudden crush.  It’s actually because Erin McRae and I have written a novel, which we’re happy to report will be published by Torquere Press in 2014 (note: for those of you not familiar, Torquere is a long-time publisher of LGBT romances and there may be some images on that site you may not wish to click through to at work).

Our book, Starling, is a fairy tale about fame and everything that goes right, and ridiculously wrong, when you’re the kid who effectively gets discovered in a diner.  Set in Los Angeles amongst an incestuous group of friends during next year’s television season, Starling is about figuring out how to do life when it feels like the whole world is watching.

Starling is just one of many things in the hopper around here.  I’ve got a bunch of other projects at hand, some with announcements sooner and some with announcements later.  Erin’s working on a ton of stuff too.

Meanwhile, funny story for you:  Always. Check. Your. Spam. Filter.  Because if we had checked ours sooner, we would have been telling you this story a month ago.

Oooopsie.

Luckily, the team at Torquere is lovely.

When we have a specific release date for Starling we will let you know.

7 Responses to “Starling”

1. Seth December 6, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

Oooh, I love the title! Congrats again, and very much looking forward to reading it next year!

2. Anton December 6, 2013 at 12:35 pm #

So chuffed for you to hear the news. This is going to be awesome.

3. alumiere December 6, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

Congratulations to both of you. Something to look forward to reading always makes me happy.

4. Ryan December 6, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

Congrats! I’m really looking forward to it. The plot sounds like something you’d knock out of the park.

5. sothinky December 6, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

Premise sounds fabulous. Congrats 🙂

6. springbay December 7, 2013 at 2:53 am #

As someone who’s read and reread your Boston/Washington DC verse numerous times (really, I’ve lost track of how often I’ve gone back to that, I’m ridiculously excited for this! Congratulations!

p.s. I do follow your tumblr and I love it for the humor and no-nonsense brilliance you bring to the table. You always have the best stuff 😉

7. verity December 20, 2013 at 1:12 am #