So I achieved new stuff on Sunday. I have forward swizzles now and think I might even be able to figure out the backwards ones on my own on Wednesday. Maybe.
Meanwhile, I still haven’t fallen… intentionally or otherwise.
But I find myself exhausted, less from the work than from existing in 2018. So that, combined with skating successes don’t necessarily make me a terribly poetic writer.
However, on the theme of this year and exhaustion —
So here’s why I really like skating other than that it’s fun and feels good:
- My fears are treated as reasonable or at least meriting reasonable discussion on terms I actively agree to.
- My bravery is noted and respected and is for an actual thing I chose.
- I am given the opportunity to work hard and that is actually acknowledged.
- I am treated like a competent person who will get there.
- My body is regarded as a tool, but one exclusively for my own use.
- My happiness matters.
How much of the rest of 2018 feels like this?